Road Trip to Ho Chi Minh
If you are in Phnom Penh and would like to take a quick trip out of Cambodia, one of the nearest countries to check out is Vietnam. A road trip to Ho Chi Minh is always doable, for starters, since it is less than a day away.
There is much to be learned about Ho Chi Minh, and that can be covered in following posts. But for the curious traveler, the average trip would be something like this:
What happens on a road trip to Ho Chi Minh?
- First, you buy tickets from the bus of your choice at BookMeBus. – There are several bus operators with trips to Ho Chi Minh, such as Khai Nam, Mekong Express, Kumho Samco, Phnom Penh Sorya, Sapaco, and Airavan Express.
- You prepare your ticket ahead of time. – Please check out the Notice area of the bus you chose since some bus companies require printed tickets, while others accept eTickets.
- Arrive at the bus terminal at least 15-30 minutes. – It is always important to be prompt. Some bus companies will wait for you, although most leave on time.
- Settle down and enjoy the trip. – You can enjoy complimentary WiFi, cold bottled water, and refreshing napkin during your trip. However, services vary based on the bus company of your choice.
- Bus stops at Bavet. – On Cambodia’s side, the bus often does a quick stop at restaurants in Bavet, before moving forward to the international border gate.
- Crossing the borders. – Passengers then cross Bavet and into Moc Bai, the international border gate on Vietnam’s side.
- Immigration processing and moving forward. – If you have your papers ready, you can easily cross the borders without any problems, and then you can get back on the bus.
- Arrival at Pham Ngu Lao. – After a few more hours on the bus, you finally reach the heart of Ho Chi Minh, which is at Pham Ngu Lao, where pretty much all buses stop.
Now you are ready to prepare yourself for a trip to Ho Chi Minh. The process is really not that difficulty, in fact, after a couple of times crossing borders, you will be a pro at it.
So take a chance, go on a road trip to Ho Chi Minh, and see what the other side has to offer.
Have happy and safe travels!
[…] to do in Ho Chi Minh that may be suitable if you plan to travel. If you read our previous post on a road trip to Ho Chi Minh, it shouldn’t be a challenge now for you to explore this […]