Things to do in Koh Rong
Due to our recent addition of trips to Koh Rong, we have experienced a barrage of questions on what to do when traveling to Koh Rong. So here are a few of our ideas on things to do in Koh Rong.
Things to do in Koh Rong
- Sunrise and sunset watching. One simply must not miss out on the beauty of the sunrise and sunset at Koh Rong. Someone once said that if you have seen one sunset or sunrise, you have seen them all. But I, personally, disagree. I believe that each day is unique, and as such, sunrise and sunset are never EVER the same. You should see my Instagram account, 2 pictures a day without fail. All of the sun! I’m kinda obsessed… I get around 200 likes per post, I used an app to help me boost my followers so I could share these lovely views and experiences. It’s pretty simple to get instagram followers for free online, all you need to do is follow the guide!
- Diving and snorkeling in the rich blue waters. If there is one thing that visitors can enjoy, it would be the gorgeous waters and enjoy some diving lessons that are offered. Most resorts or hotels already offer diving or snorkeling lessons to guests. Finding a class is never difficult to do.
- Get a tour of the island. Aside from snorkeling and diving lessons, most hotels also offer tours of the area. Although this can sometimes be packaged if you already have a tour set up prior to your trip. When in doubt, it is always good to ask your hotel if they offer this service in case you are interested.
- Go on boat trips. Getting around the water is easy, and it is one of the top things to do in Koh Rong. Most guesthouses offer the use of their own boats and have day tours. Usually, boat trips include swimming, barbecue, enjoying beers and going fishing or snorkeling. It is simply a fun day event.
- Kayaking to the small island, Koh Touch. On good weather, it is really possible to get on a kayak and paddle your way to the small island. Renting kayaks can be done by hourly or daily payment.
- Checking out Koh Touch. This small island is popular with guests, due to its size. Although it is simply a pagoda and some monks, it is still one of the key places to visit when on a trip to Koh Rong.
- Check out the adventure park. Previously, there were not many things to do in Koh Rong. But now, there is an adventure park with a zip line, rope walk, and climbing, among other things.
- Check out glowing plankton. One of the things that Koh Rong is known for is having the bioluminescent plankton. However, this may be a bit tricky to find, but it is possible to spot some during moonless nights and when you venture out into the darker areas of the island.
These are only a few of the things that visitors can do at Koh Rong. If you fancy simply lounging by the beach with a good book, then that is also fine. Otherwise, it also helps to ask the locals if they have tips for you, or ask from your friendly hotels for more ideas.
Book your bus tickets to Sihanoukville and then ferry tickets from Sihanoukville to Koh Rong on our website.
Looking for your dream hotel or guest house on the islands? Or simply looking for valuable info regarding your upcoming trip? Visit our partner’s website to learn everything that needs to be known before going to Koh Rong!