Things to do in Siem Reap besides temples: Floating Villages
If you are wondering what else is there to see in Siem Reap other than the temples or the famed Angkor temples, then you can check out the floating villages around the area.
Things to do in Siem Reap
In a nutshell, there are actually a lot of things that you could do during your trip to Siem Reap. Some of these are the following:
- Hot air balloon views of Siem Reap – these are ideal during sunset!
- Enjoy the night life at Pub Street – the parties get rowdier during special holidays.
- Street food adventure – if you are new to Cambodia, you will for sure enjoy the varied street food (just make sure your stomach can handle it!)
- Temple runs! – spend several days exploring the many temples of the famed Angkor Wat. A definite MUST DO when you are in Siem Reap.
- Visit the floating villages – there are many to choose from!
Floating Villages in Siem Reap
Over the past few years, the floating villages in Siem Reap have begun to attract tourists who are interested to see these floating villages in action. Not only that, but they have also travelled to floating schools and dine at floating restaurants.
In addition to the floating villages, there are also stilted villages along the river banks that are also equally attractive to check out.
Some of the floating villages are the following:
- Chong Kneas – the closest floating village from Siem Reap. It consists of both floating and stilted villages.
- Kampong Khleang – has both floating and stilted villages
- Kampong Phluk – mainly stilted villages and is composed of 3 villages.
- Mechrey – a floating village that serves as the entry to Prek Toal Core Bird Reserve
So far, the best way to get to the floating villages is through tour operators.
Book bus tickets to visit Siem Reap today on BookMeBus:
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- August 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016