If you have plans for travelling during major holidays, such as the upcoming Chinese New Year celebration, it is important to think ahead and set your expectations. What is it like?
Well, you know how much of a difficulty it is to book plane tickets and hotels during Christmas and New Years? Booking boat or bus tickets is not much different. Just because you plan to travel within the same country that is teeming with bus companies, does not make it any easier. But let us help you make it less difficult.
Tips for travels during peak seasons
- Check the Cambodia Public Holiday 2017 calendar to see if your plans fall on a holiday.
- If travelling on a holiday, make sure to book a few weeks ahead (this is also true for hotels).
- Do some research regarding transportation options if the expected destination will be crowded.
- Go to the pick up point or bus or boat station early to check in on your expected bus.
- Bring your own water and snacks. Yes, the company might promise some drinks and snacks, but remember that it is travel season, so they might run out. You never know.
- Bring a hand fan. Sometimes some things never go right when you travel. It can be hot and crowded, so it would be hard to get decent air anywhere.
- Keep personal belongings safe at all times. Being extra vigilant is important during these times. Crowds can easily divert your attention from your valuables.
- Consider the type of vehicle you want to travel in, factoring the possible number of travelers you will be travelling with.
- Travel light if you know it will be crowded. There is no use dragging a trolley around if you will be travelling for a short time only.
- Travel ahead of schedule to avoid the crowds.
Points to Consider
There are many things that can happen during trips when its travel season or peak season. As a result, it is best to set your expectations ahead of time:
- It can be difficult to travel when everybody is also travelling, so it is best not to expect a relaxing time.
- Bus companies can change their schedules during these times
- Bus companies can add special schedules to accommodate their travelers.
- Sometimes pickup or drop off locations can change due to possible traffic or closed roads.
- Due to increase in travelers, some bus companies will not tolerate any delays or lateness caused by travelers.
- Bus companies may or may not move some bus travelers to other vehicles in order to accommodate the crowd.
- Buses may sometimes carry additional passengers – depending on the bus company rules.
Travelling is definitely fun. However, it may not always be a walk in the park. That is why it is important to consider your options and plan ahead.
We hope this small information would be useful for you when travelling during peak seasons.