Just because the weather is not so sunny anymore, it does not mean you cannot visit Koh Kong for a holiday. Despite the surly weather, you can always head over to Koh Kong if you need to get away from the traffic that Phnom Penh has. It is also a great experience to check out some lesser known cities in Cambodia.
Why visit Koh Kong?
Koh Kong is known to have a somewhat frontier town vibe. Due to its once relative isolation from the rest of Cambodia, several less legal acts such as banditry, illegal logging, and wild animal smuggling among others were rampant. However, since transportation has much improved, Koh Kong is now becoming a tourist destination.
The town is accessible by land, air, and sea. It can be accessed from Bangkok as well as through the town of Sre Ambel.
What can you do in Koh Kong?
Apart from getting a chance to relax, guests who have chosen to visit Koh Kong can also:
- check out the Koh Kong bridge which links Koh Kong and the border crossing to Thailand
- pass through the majestic Cardamom Mountains
- check out some casinos near the border
- enjoy boat tours to visit the uninhabited island
- go on a trek up the Cardamom Mountains
Getting to Koh Kong
If you plan to visit Koh Kong, there are several routes you can choose from if you plan to travel by bus. Phnom Penh to Koh Kong is possible with trips as early as 07:45 a.m. For those leaving from Siem Reap to Koh Kong, there are schedules that leave at 7:00 p.m. If you are on your way from Phnom Penh to Pattaya, you can get a glimpse of Koh Kong as it passes through the border on the way to Thailand.
For more routes, you can try searching at our main site.
In order to help travelers feel secure when traveling across Cambodia, BookMeBus has come up with a series of information regarding our authorized partners. One of the top operators BookMeBus has is with Cambodia Post VIP Van.
The Cambodia Post VIP Van boasts of having fast service to offer its customers. They also ensure that travelers are secure and comfortable during their trip.
What is Cambodia Post VIP Van service?
About a year ago, the state-owned Cambodia Post (postal service) launched a van service that helps cater to the increasing need for quality passenger transportation. Since then, the Cambodia Post VIP Van has gained popularity among travelers mainly due to comfort when travelling.
Buying bus tickets through this bus operator should not be difficult since it is available on our website. In addition, there are several branches that can be visited and routes to check out which are also listed HERE.
What do you get when travelling with Cambodia Post?
Should you opt to buy tickets with Cambodia Post VIP Van, you are sure to have the following perks:
- drinking water
- complimentary WiFi
- passenger insurance coverage
- Real-time seat selection – Cambodia Post VIP Van is one of the operators BookMeBus has that offers real-time seat selection. So you can get the seat you desire when you buy your bus tickets.
Other information you might want to know when buying bus tickets with this operator:
- Seat #A1 is known to be narrow and not much leg room.
- Passengers should be at the terminal 15 minutes before departure.
- Tickets are considered VOID if passengers do not arrive on time.
- Children over 5 years of age require tickets.
- Passengers availing Pick Up services should be ready at the hotel or guesthouse lobby an hour before departure.
- Passengers MUST present printed Online Tickets for inspection at the terminal prior to boarding.
- Smoking inside the bus is prohibited.
- Pets, weapons, illegal products and substances, and hazardous materials are not allowed on the bus.
- Strong smelling food items (i.e., durian, prohok) are not allowed on board the bus.
For more information, please contact us through the contact details on the side.