If you are planning a trip from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh, BookMeBus has a selection of bus operators for you to choose from.
The bus operators that BookMeBus works with are trusted operators both in Cambodia and its operating countries. They are reputable, and are known to have top of the line services. Although the BookMeBus partner list sometimes displays less than what we offer, it is merely during the heavier seasons when we have smaller resources. We are a startup after all, and coordinating thousands of tickets a day can sometimes take up all our resources.
Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh buses
- Khai Nam – Khai Nam is one of the main bus operators for trips to and from Ho Chi Minh. The staff is known for being friendly and can speak excellent English. Their buses are also known for being spacious, and easily recognizable in their standout shade of blue.
- Mekong Express – Also known as the Mekong Limousine Bus, is a known Cambodian-owned bus operator. Not only does Mekong Express cover Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh routes, but it also has several bus routes throughout Cambodia. In addition, Mekong Express also covers trips from Phnom Penh to Bangkok as well as Ho Chi Minh to Sihanoukville.
- Kumho Samco – Kumho Samco is one of the top bus operators in Vietnam. They boast of having offices in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and in Ho Chi Minh. Through its partnership with BookMeBus, bus tickets for trips from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh can be purchased online.
- Phnom Penh Sorya – With approximately 200 buses operating daily, Phnom Penh Sorya has one of the most extensive routes within Cambodia. While it does cover trips to Ho Chi Minh, majority of its focus is within the country itself. One of the key points that Phnom Penh Sorya has is that it boasts of having the cheapest ticket fare among the bus operators.
- Sapaco Tourist – Boasting of having comfortable seating for guests throughout the trip, Sapaco Tourist is one of the pioneers when it comes to travelling to and from Ho Chi Minh. They are known for easy boarding crossing, and is one of the leading providers for trips between Cambodia and Vietnam.
As is often the case, each of the bus operators have their own policies which are out of BookMeBus’ responsibilities. Before booking, take time to learn more about the bus operator and decide if it is to your liking.
Visit the BookMeBus page! From there, you can search Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh trips easily. The results often list all schedules for the day.
Meanchey VIP Express is leading transportation company which operate with Toyota Hiace, Year 2015. The operator covers some popular routes such as Battambang, Banteaymeachey, and Siem Reap .
Meanchey VIP Express operates Van 15 seats (Toyota Hiace) and offer amenities such as a bottle of water and wifi. The vans are brand new and run as schedule bus. It currently operate from Phnom Penh – Siem Reap, 3 trips daily, and Phnom Penh – Battambang – Banteaymeachey, 6 trips daily. The ticket fare has the same price for both Khmer and Foreign passengers. For a $1 service fee (it’s just $1 total no matter how many tickets you buy) and you can see real-time seating charts and pick which seat you want. You can both print the ticket out or just show it from your smartphone and presented it at the office for boarding the bus. Ticket can be purchased online at BookMeBus.
We have awesome news!
We are opening our doors to kickass people who are looking for an internship opportunity.
If you are lightning fast, have awesome coding skills, easygoing but focused attitude, then we want you!
- Mastery of HTML and CSS
- Experience with server side code. For example, PHP, DotNet, RoR, etc.
- Understand the MVC framework
- Being able to work full time for 3 months
- Undergraduate OR for anyone who thinks he or she is the right person
- Good command of English
- Strong commitment & willing to learn new technology
*Note: We would like to give female developers a chance to grow, so female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- To learn with dynamic Agile team
- Get to know startup environment and culture
- Full time staff opportunity
- Competitive salary
October 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited submit their CV to the email below. Please also answer the following in your email:
- Tell us your expectations upon joining the team!
- We would love to hear about your future goals or dreams.
- What can you offer BookMeBus?
Tel: 092 98 96 96
It is a happy moment for us at BookMeBus to announce that we have been recognized as the Startup of the Year for the Rice Bowl Startup Awards Cambodia.
We will be moving forward to compete in the ASEAN Rice Bowl Startup Awards which will be held in Manila, Philippines, later this month.
The Rice Bowl Startup Awards is an award event that focuses on startups wherein 11 winners will be declared for categories such as Founder of the Year, Disruptor of the Year, and of course Startup of the Year.
The winners of the ASEAN Rice Bowl Startup Awards will then go on to compete in the Global Startup Awards come November. The event will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
We have been invited to grace the ASEAN Rice Bowl Startup Awards with our presence, being one of the National Category winners.
More information can be found at the Rice Bowl Startup Awards website.
You can also view the rest of the winners here.
As many locals head for the provinces during Pchum Ben, the streets of Cambodia’s urban areas somehow end up being quiet. Deserted to a certain extent. It is during these times that many expats travel outside of Cambodia, due to the long weekends this season brings. However, some do not have the luxury, and often consider having a Pchum Ben staycation.
Although at times it can feel too deserted during Pchum Ben, surely enjoying a staycation is not such a bad idea. What can you do during this time in the big city?
Pchum Ben Staycation: Things to do
- Immerse yourself in tradition – For sure, there is a neighborhood pagoda which you can visit to observe Khmer tradition. It would be best, though, to go with a friend. That way, somebody can walk you through the process. Note: Please dress conservatively.
- Biking through the empty streets – During Pchum Bend, the streets are noticeably peaceful and perfect for taking your bike out (or renting one!). While biking is possible during regular days, one often contends with traffic, vendors, among other things. However, during Pchum Ben, the peaceful streets make it possible to have a relaxing time exploring the city streets. Note: Extra caution should be exercised as there are some who drive fast at these times.
- Go swimming at urban resorts – You do not need to go to the provinces in order to relax. There are many hidden gems in the city, where you can relax and swim, or sit by the poolside and read a book. There are many hotels that open their pools to non-guests at this time for a certain fee. A quick search will often reward you with several options during this time.
- Have a picnic – Since the weather is nice in the afternoon, there is always that possibility of having a lovely afternoon picnic. Just make sure there is no rain. During Pchum Ben, the parks are often empty so it is possible to have a small spread and enjoy with friends or enjoy quiet moment with a book.
- Get a massage – End your staycation during Pchum Ben with a nice massage or time at the spa. By the end of day, you will find yourself well pampered, rested, and well relaxed.
While the usual downside is that many shops are closed during this time, there are still several convenience stores that remain open. It is often recommended to stock up on some amenities for a couple of days. Still, this does not hinder anyone from having a much needed vacation. Even if it is a staycation during Pchum Ben.
If it all becomes too boring or quiet, then hop on a bus and visit the many provinces that Cambodia has with BookMeBus. Download our app and check out the many routes available.