Get a BookMeBus Free Ride on Pchum Ben
Now is your chance to grab a BookMeBus Free Ride during the hectic Pchum Ben season! As you all know, getting bus tickets during the heavy Pchum Ben season needs strategy. To help you grab the ride you want, BookMeBus is now giving travelers a chance to score a #FreeRide during that season. How? Read on to know.
Scope of BookMeBus Free Ride
BookMeBus Free Ride will kick off on September 9, 2016. During that time, instructions will be posted on the BookMeBus Facebook page at approximately 5:00 p.m.
The exact mechanics of the promotion will be posted on the launch date, so it is best to keep an eye on the page for information.
If you are planning for a trip to your hometown or to any of the provinces such as Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, Kep, Battambang, and more, then this is your chance to grab a free ticket.
What is Pchum Ben?
For those who do not know what Pchum Ben is, here is a summary regarding this time in Cambodia:
- It is 15-day Khmer religious festival
- On these days, Khmer pay respects to their deceased relatives up to 7 generations
- During Pchum Ben, it is believed that the gates of hell are being opened, and the ghosts are presumed to be active.
- Traditionally, Khmer travel to their homelands where they will be paying their respects
- It is a fact that during these times, it is high travel season due to the fact that many locals go home.
These are just fast facts for those who are not so aware of what Pchum Ben is. For travellers, it means that there is much activity in the provinces of Cambodia during this time, and more quietness in the city.
This year, Official Pchum Ben holidays are September 30, October 1, 2, and 3. It would be wise to start planning holidays around these dates.