BarCamp Asean 2016 in Phnom Penh: what to expect
While Cambodia has hosted BarCamp Phnom Penh since 2008, this is the first regional un-conference event under the name BarCamp Asean. Its slogan is ‘Growing technology together.’ This means that it’s much about the cross-border collaboration and exchange of knowledge among the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (10 states). Just like any other BarCamp events, the participants contribute the content or the topics. The BarCamp allows anyone to pitch any topic they want to share with participants. The theme of this year’s event is: technology, entrepreneurship, and innovations. According to the organizer, Be Chantra, a little more than 100 topics were already submitted.
Here’s a list of what to expect when you attend this 3-day BarCamp Asean:
- For those who want to build your own startups, these 4 sessions are for you. Ben Crox will talk about his 10 years of startup experience in Hong Kong. Mike Ducker will share 5 global lessons about tech startups. You will also have a chance to meet the Cambodian Angel Investors. Looking for investment opportunities for your Cambodia-based startup? There is a session for that, too. Meet BookMeBus’s CEO Chea Langda to learn about how to pitch your startup and get invested.
- While there are so many topics to learn, you can really learn much more by getting to know people. Networking. Be there and willing to listen and share your thoughts. This is what this event so amazing. It’s much more amazing as more participants come from other corners of this East Asia. Investors, geeks, nerds, startup founders, businesspeople, and students will be there. Participants and speakers come from many countries, including Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Philippine, Hong Kong, India, and Japan.
- You might not be there looking for a job. But there is a chance that you’ll get hired from the spot. Or you might meet your potential business partner or future co-founder. Demonstrate your skills and talent by giving a talk. Don’t be shy. Sharing is caring.
- The year’s BarCamp Asean will take place from 4-6 November 2016 at Norton University, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The first day of BarCamp Asean will be solely dedicated to exhibitions as most Cambodian businesses will seize this opportunity to connect and engage with their local consumers.
- On Twitter? The hashtag for this event is: #BarcampASEAN. You can live tweets or follow the event, too.
BookMeBus team will be there! Come and say hello to our team and learn about some new opportunity we’ll be offering at the event! Our booth, number 9, is on the ground floor.