Border processing in some countries in South East-Asia (round trip) (Part 1)
Editor’s note: We continue with our favorite traveler, Hugo, and his adventures in Cambodia. This time, he talks about border processing.
Recently, we’ve been having requests for information regarding Visa or border processing at the gates between Thailand-Cambodia, and Vietnam-Cambodia. This series is split into three, with this post as the first one.
We hope you find this useful and entertaining.
This story and those tips are based on my own experience on crossing border, which is subjective. Thus, this is just a shared experience and habits, feel free to not take them in consideration if they are not relevant for you. ~ Hugo
My Golden Rules for crossing border:
- Always check on internet opening hours of the crossing point
- Always be aware of the Visa application (which are different depending on your citizenship) – refer to your Embassy
- Be careful of the Visa validity: FYI: overstay cost you 10 USD per day in Cambodia & in Vietnam if you have 2 weeks free tourist entry, once you leave the country you have to wait a month before coming back.
- Be aware of the time you will cross the border (night or day time)
- Be patient and polite, even if something went wrong, you will for sure avoid problems.
- Roam Cambodia by Bus
The article below is a guest post by Fie of Travel Chameleon, one of the…
- Cambodia Money Fast Facts
Many travelers often worry about Cambodia money. Questions often arise as to what currency is…
- BookMeBus wins Cambodia ICT Awards 2016
Friends, earlier we posted about BookMeBus joining the much anticipated Cambodia ICT Awards 2016. Today…