Ho Chi Minh Fast Facts
Here are some Ho Chi Minh fast facts for those who plan to go on a trip outside Cambodia during the Water Festival. It is known that during the Water Festival, traffic is bad and the city is quite filled with people. As a result, many venture out in search of other places to visit.
Ho Chi Minh is always one of the favorites. It is just a few hours away and easily reachable by bus from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh. A mere 6 hours and you are away from the cramped streets and taking leisurely walks around the relaxing parks.
To complete your plans, here are some Ho Chi Minh fast facts that you might find interesting:
Ho Chi Minh Fast Facts
- Ho Chi Minh was originally named “Saigon,” and it is the economic enter of Vietnam.
- Yellow traffic light signifies “Drive faster,” as opposed to the usual “Drive slow.”
- The Saigon Notre Dame church is one of the iconic landmarks of Ho Chi Minh City. It was built during the 19th century by the French colonists.
- To take a leisurely tour around Ho Chi Minh, get on bus route #35. This bus goes through the downtown area, but is not ideal for commuters or those who are in a rush.
- Ho Chi Minh City is known for having more than 1 million motorcycles entering the city each day.
- The city boasts of having more than 4,000 five-star hotel rooms, and approximately 80 universities.
- The most popular destination that Americans visit is the War Remnants Museum.
- Ho Chi Minh boasts of having Vietnam’s largest seaport.
- It is the most popular tourist destination in Vietnam.
- Most airlines pass through Tan Son Nhat airport.
These are just some of the facts that is known about Ho Chi Minh City. To better appreciate the beauty of the city, we suggest to check out Ho Chi Minh for yourself.
Going to Ho Chi Minh?
- Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh
- Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh
- Sihanoukville to Ho Chi Minh
- Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh
- BookMeBus Buses: Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh
If you are planning a trip from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh, BookMeBus has…
- Road Trip to Ho Chi Minh
If you are in Phnom Penh and would like to take a quick trip out…
- 5 Things to do in Ho Chi Minh
On rainy days such as these, sometimes visiting Sihanoukville or Kep might not be in…